Stay Logged In?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 39
  Print  
Author Topic: Website/forum Issues  (Read 58519 times)
Adscititious Sesquipedalian
« on: Sep 16, 07, 09:03:22 am »

Use this thread to report any problems you may encounter with the website or forum itself

Please don't use this for issues with files.
« Reply #1 on: Oct 08, 07, 10:41:34 am »

hi, uhm, here's my problem: When I found MT on the net first I found the forum and not the main site so I registered there. After that I noticed I can't download at the main site and I wasn't recognised as a user, so I registered again from the main site. Now it seems I have two accounts- two with the same username and password.......I read in FAQ I can't delete my (other) account....so.......what should I do? (I hope this won't cause problems). I always logged in from the main site and I only noticed it now.(though I should have guessed it...)
Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: Oct 08, 07, 11:56:53 am »

Finally an interesting problem.  I'll look into this one. But for now I suggest you only log onto the main site, which automatically logs you into the forums.  That way your forum only account shouldn't get used ever.
« Last Edit: Oct 08, 07, 01:04:48 pm by Yukimura » Logged

« Reply #3 on: Oct 08, 07, 03:18:50 pm »

Ok, thank you very much!
« Reply #4 on: Oct 26, 07, 07:56:29 pm »

Hi,because my internet connections is rather slow, so i need a long time to download 1 manga from MT. so sometimes i quit in half when downloading. when i ask my brother to download from his place, he said site that contain "manga or anime" words is blocked by his college administrator.  So is there anyway for him to download the the file for me,because there are mangas that i couldn't find in other site. He said about FTP though, where can i get it? thank u.   
Frequent Contributor
« Reply #5 on: Oct 27, 07, 12:27:17 am »

Short answer, no, long answer yes but with lots of messy and complicated steps involved.  Your brother could probably circumvent his schools firewall with some advanced net activity that I don't feel like explaining.  But we don't give out FTP access to regular users.

« Reply #6 on: Oct 27, 07, 10:21:54 am »

edit: Issue with a file from server3 (post "all clear" front page message).  I wasn't sure if it should be here or in the "problems with files" thread so I'm moving it.
« Last Edit: Oct 27, 07, 10:28:50 am by coffeetable » Logged
« Reply #7 on: Oct 28, 07, 07:07:28 pm »

i thought so. i'm just trying. but thanks 4 the answer anyway. Now I'm curious 'bout the different between regular users and other... Cheesy
Frequent Contributor
« Reply #8 on: Oct 28, 07, 07:58:13 pm »

Regular users means users not on the staff.

« Reply #9 on: Dec 11, 07, 09:30:20 pm »

Why isn't there a rule for avatar size in General Forum Rules? Because I saw a user that is using a 1280x1024 px image as avatar. Although it shows as 100x100 px image in the forum, the loading time takes too long to load the image.
« Last Edit: Dec 12, 07, 10:27:08 pm by leia » Logged

Frequent Contributor
« Reply #10 on: Dec 12, 07, 03:43:27 pm »

The site automatically resizes the avatars which is why it was never put into the rules, and we never thought anyone would be that crazy.  What user was it?

« Reply #11 on: Dec 12, 07, 10:18:50 pm »

Umm... sorry, I won't mention a name, but the user ID is 127830

Frequent Contributor
« Reply #12 on: Dec 13, 07, 12:14:47 am »

You do realize that a userid and a username are basically synonymous since user profile pages are directly generated by userid right?  I guess your heart was in the right place but if you really didn't want to make it public you should have sent me a pm.

To spite you for being so bad at secrecy: user 127830 is pejohn.

« Reply #13 on: Dec 13, 07, 08:06:05 am »

Err.. whatever. Thanks.
Not everyone knows/remembers his/her own number anyway.

New forum problem:
I got this message when I search this forum using quick or advanced search

Database Error
Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.

It has been fixed. Thanks again.
« Last Edit: Dec 16, 07, 10:02:10 am by leia » Logged

Journeyman Uploader
« Reply #14 on: Jan 06, 08, 01:51:34 am »

I recently noticed that there was someone posting [About two or three times] around the forums- and yet his/her posts number is constantly zero.

Also noticed it counts for everyone. There is an example of that in the "Your banned" forum thread, quoted:

"Banned for needing 1 more post to 200" -montana0815
"banned for noticing" -stowly
"banned for, somehow, still needing 1 post

how did he do that?" -Pina

-- Just thought I'd report it. Sorry.

Fixed. Nevermind.
« Last Edit: Jan 06, 08, 01:57:18 am by supergalkate » Logged

I'm lazy.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 39
  Print  

Jump to: