Stay Logged In?

Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Angel Sanctuary  (Read 2949 times)
« on: Jul 24, 07, 07:41:35 pm »

I love Angel Sanctuary! It's the most beautifully drawn series i've ever seen. And I love the plot. It's so exciting but it's full of love and loss too. It's just an all in one package! aha. =]
Apprentice Uploader
« Reply #1 on: Jul 29, 07, 10:05:33 pm »

I'm about halfway through the series myself. I'll admit that it's definitely engaging but it's probably one of the darkest shoujo stories that I've read so far (probably because I don't read any shonen).
« Reply #2 on: Jul 31, 07, 10:35:36 pm »

I like Count Cain better than Angel Sanctuary. I think it's Kaori Yuki's better work. But I find that Angel Sanctuary has way too many characters to keep track of and the plot is sometimes hard to understand. Nevertheless, Yuki does have a great talent for drawing anime.

Journeyman Uploader
« Reply #3 on: Jul 31, 07, 11:43:58 pm »

Funny thing is that Count Cain I didn't like it much at all but Angel Sanctuary got me hooked until I finished the whole thing.  Somehow they manage to twist and turn things around just when I thought I had things figured out.  Don't know how the author could do such an amazing series but I wouldn't mind buying some of her artworks on Angel Sanctuary.  ^^
« Reply #4 on: Oct 30, 07, 09:18:40 am »

I don`t like its art, so I couldn`t read it  Undecided
« Reply #5 on: Oct 30, 07, 02:41:32 pm »

I don`t like its art, so I couldn`t read it  Undecided
What?  Kaori Yuki is one of the most respected manga artists out there.
« Reply #6 on: Oct 31, 07, 09:37:05 am »

Excuse me, but I think it rather dirty  Lips sealed
Apprentice Uploader
« Reply #7 on: Oct 31, 07, 11:21:38 pm »

I like Count Cain better than Angel Sanctuary. I think it's Kaori Yuki's better work. But I find that Angel Sanctuary has way too many characters to keep track of and the plot is sometimes hard to understand. Nevertheless, Yuki does have a great talent for drawing anime.

I've only read some of Count Cain, but something about it hasn't grabbed my attention like Angel Sanctuary. Maybe it's because Angel Sanctuary immediately hooks you with its taboo and draws you in with the promise of darker things. I thought that the plethora of characters was a bit overwhelming at first too, but after a while, you get pretty familiar and adjusted with who is who. I definitely had a hard time understanding the storyline as well. The last volume was way over my head at times - basically because the plot had become a tad convoluted and the translation made it more difficult to understand. Not that I blame the scanlator, because after reading the Viz copy, I still found some of the plot confusing.

Excuse me, but I think it rather dirty  Lips sealed

Kaori Yuki's art is well-respected by many people, but I have to say that her artwork probably isn't one of my favorites. However, I think it's more a matter of preference in my case. In your comment, I'm not sure if you're referring to her art or the story because if you're not equipped to deal with some controversy, then obviously you might not find Angel Sanctuary appealing. I'm not sure if you dislike the incest, but I've seen plenty of other shoujos overuse that plot device - only in this one it's real. Either way, it's still a good read, but you have to suspend your belief at certain places just like you do when reading any work of fiction.
« Reply #8 on: Nov 01, 07, 07:29:46 pm »

I prefer Count Cain over Angel Sanctuary although both stories dwell on similar taboo issues.

Damn the girls Kaori Yuki draws are hawt
Apprentice Uploader
« Reply #9 on: Nov 10, 07, 04:59:20 am »

all i can say is Angel Sanctuary is the "heaviest" manga i've read. so far anyway. the plots full of twists and turns...by the time i finished it my head felt like it's about to burst. but i still like it anyway...love the controversies...
Apprentice Uploader
« Reply #10 on: Nov 10, 07, 05:03:27 am »

the diffrence between cc and as is that while cc repeats itself as several one shots that slowly draw into a greater plot, as speeds ahead into an epic drama at once without giving the characters too much time for adjustments
and that is also why i like as more then cc, seeing it becomes more realistic that way (when a character in as pops up long after the first time he dies we and setsuna doesnt really remember him and he has to explain himself, while in cc there are new characters introduced all the time and old ones that pop up are "gah, him again?"ish)
« Reply #11 on: Nov 11, 07, 06:35:50 pm »

the diffrence between cc and as is that while cc repeats itself as several one shots that slowly draw into a greater plot, as speeds ahead into an epic drama at once without giving the characters too much time for adjustments
and that is also why i like as more then cc, seeing it becomes more realistic that way (when a character in as pops up long after the first time he dies we and setsuna doesnt really remember him and he has to explain himself, while in cc there are new characters introduced all the time and old ones that pop up are "gah, him again?"ish)

Neh, Angel Sanc is a great manga.  And the story does grip you and doesn't let you go. 

On the other hand, doesn't anyone have a problem with the incest issue?  I mean, hey, they're both cute, but really?  Siblings having sex, too creepy.  Not to mention, what are their kids gonna think when they find out? 
Apprentice Uploader
« Reply #12 on: Nov 11, 07, 08:47:34 pm »

Neh, Angel Sanc is a great manga.  And the story does grip you and doesn't let you go. 

On the other hand, doesn't anyone have a problem with the incest issue?  I mean, hey, they're both cute, but really?  Siblings having sex, too creepy.  Not to mention, what are their kids gonna think when they find out? 

I believe that Kaori Yuki reconciles the audience with the incest by exploring the issue of souls, God, and angels.

I mean, is the incest really the only thing you can complain about when compared to some of the other controversial topics in Angel Sanctuary? How about the decay of angels and God alike? The insinuation that God was indeed the root of the corruption? Or how about the true nature of angels? What about the terrible experiments? In the face of all that, your beef is with the incest?
« Reply #13 on: Nov 12, 07, 10:09:56 pm »

I like Angel Sanctuary better. I've read Count Cain first though and I'm just starting to download Angel Sanctuary... It's been on my list for ages. But even if I haven't read the entire story yet, in my opinion, Angel Sanctuary is better. It has more... how can I say this... charm points than Count Cain and the story is more complicated. Sure, we all love the way Count Cain turned all those nursery rhymes into really wicked stuff but... it doesn't have that certain factor that Angel Sanctuary has.

Indeed, Angel Sanctuary has deeper topics, or to put it more aptly, controversial, disturbing, creepy topics. And I guess that's what turns me on.

Absurdity is part of daily life.
« Reply #14 on: Nov 14, 07, 12:17:16 am »

I read a bit of that but I'm really not one for incest so after I think the second volume I droped it. Its not my thing. Looked like to could be good if you like that sort of plot line though.
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: